Date Added: 9 May 2018
: 21 May 2018
Job Title: PR and Policy Manager
Working For: Blackstock Consulting
Blackstock Consulting, a fast growing strategic consultancy, is looking to recruit a PR and Policy Manager to join our dynamic Farringdon-based team. The successful candidate will support our team to deliver PR and policy support, produce reports, thought leadership along with research and analysis for a range of high-profile clients.
Blackstock is a fast-expanding boutique consultancy employing 12 people working extensively in architecture, property and infrastructure. We advise on communications, policy and strategy and also provide regular analysis through the BBC and Sky (see our YouTube page).
The primary purpose of this role is to provide proactive PR support and content creation, from drafting press releases to phoning journalists to pitch stories for broadcast and print.
Our clients include corporates such as DP World, Willis Towers Watson, Grainger, Co-op and Hermes; exciting young brands including Essential Living, Moda and Great Marlborough Estates, along with design innovators such as Assael Architecture, the Urban Land Institute and Vision Modular.
We are especially interested in candidates with research and data skills, even if you do not possess extensive PR experience.
This is a full time role. Employee benefits include 28 days holiday (+ bank holidays), gym membership, flexible working, pension and staff equity programme.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Come up with original ideas to support our clients and their customers;
- Proactively monitoring media and policy networks identifying anything of interest for clients;
- Proactively reading and digesting newspapers, magazines, online media to gain an overview of the political and sector context;
- Proactively engaging with journalist each week over the phone and in persons;
- Keeping a list of upcoming features to engage with;
- Collaborating and supporting colleagues wherever possible;
- Drafting engaging content for difference channels;
- Taking a lead with social media/video content production;
- One year's experience in PR and Policy;
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification;
- The ability to manage and prioritise a competing workload effectively, with limited supervision;
- Excellent organisational skills
- Meticulous written English and oral communication skills
- Data management is preferable but not essential
Closing Date: 21 May 2018
We are recruiting on a rolling basis and start date is flexible.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this role.
Please also include information about the timeline of your availability.