Date Added: 9 May 2018
: 18 May 2018
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant / Co-Chief of Staff
Working For: Vicky Ford MP (Chelmsford)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA pay scales
The successful applicant should have:
Strong writing and research skills which show attention to detail. The position requires the successful applicant to be reliable, organised and have excellent political awareness. Ideally, the applicant should also have a strong interest and understanding of local and national issues affecting Chelmsford.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Managing a small team
• Diary management
• Select Committee support
• Leading on a number of All Party Parliamentary Groups
• Producing accurate briefings
• Monitoring Parliamentary business
• Press Management
• Speech Writing
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent political awareness
• Prior experience in Westminster or the European Parliament would be a significant plus
• Ability to undertake detailed and accurate research with excellent written skills
• Good IT skills
• Ability to manage a diverse workload independently
• Must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative party
• Ability to work enthusiastically and co-operatively as part of a small and dedicated team
The role may also require flexibility on hours and evenings.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 May 2018
Interview dates: Likely in the w/c 21st May 2018, subject to Parliamentary business.
Start date: To be confirmed with successful candidate.
Please note that an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, please email your CV (no longer than two pages) and a succinct covering letter to Vicky Ford MP, email@example.com
Applicants should also include a one page report on the key policy considerations in one of Vicky Ford MP’s areas of interest.