Date Added: 9 May 2018
: 22 May 2018
Job Title: Government Relations Manager
Working For: A client of Clockwork Recruitment Ltd
Location: Weybridge, Surrey
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + London weighting
We are working alongside a Global FMCG to source a Government Relations Manager with Parliamentary experience.
This position may suit someone who has spent 1/2 years as an Intern / Researcher looking for the next level role within the private sector.
The client were awarded Gold in Investors of People and have won numerous awards both in the UK and Globally.
This role plays an important part in the Corporate Affairs department by helping to ensure the companies corporate reputation and commercial interests are best served by a range of clearly identified Government Relations activities and programmes. The job holder will support the Head of Government Relations in carrying out stakeholder engagement and analysis of regulatory developments for all priority issues facing the business. Manage the team's engagement on Community Investment issues and initiatives on Youth Access Prevention and Sustainability. You will be required to work cross-functionally within the department and across the wider business to support its commercial objectives.
You will be expected to spend 2/3 days in the Weybridge Head office each week with the rest of the time spent in Westminster at varying Networking and Trade Functions. Time will be spent discussing regulatory affairs and new legislations and looking at a balanced political perspective.
Our client are seeking to achieve a balance of experience and knowledge across the political spectrum
- Relevant University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in Corporate/Public Affairs, a challenging business sector, agency or political institution
- Strong working knowledge of Westminster and Regional Government
- Additional languages advantageous
- Strong communications skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritising and handling multiple tasks, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Flexible ‘can do’ attitude and ability to work successfully in a close team environment
The client offer an incredible benefit package alongside a generous salary
Closing Date: 22 May 2018
The interview is in 2 stages and will be arranged upon receipt of successful applications.
The client are keen to interview ASAP and for the start date to follow notice periods of candidates current employ - if appropriate.
Please apply with your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com mentioning where you first saw the advertisment
*This advert has been removed at the request of the advertiser*