Date Added: 9 May 2018
: 25 May 2018
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Working For: CDP
Salary: £21, 360 pro rata
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Communications Assistant to work in our communications team, based in our London headquarters. Reporting to the Senior Communications Executive, the ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with excellent administrative skills and a keen interest in PR as well as strong social media and digital communications capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish communications processes – press release creation/draft briefing documents for management and media/press lists etc.;
- Update and manage resources and templates;
- Collate funders’ materials;
- Organise inductions and prepare relevant materials;
- Manage centralised communications hub;
- Coordinate/manage corporate subscriptions;
- Assist with managing and sourcing media monitoring platforms;
- Collate monthly team report for CDP-wide meetings;
- General admin support;
- Draft tweets and assist with social media;
- Draft blogs and assist with content;
- Filing on communications shared drive;
- Website admin.
Required skills and experience:
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability;
- A desire to work in communications and PR;
- Good MS Office software skills (particularly Excel) and database fluency;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Able to support a busy team;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Benefits: This is a paid role, initially offered with a 6-month contract in our London office. Due to the high volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be notified of interviews.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
First round interviews will be held on 31 May – 1 June but early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We would like to fill this role as soon as possible.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications Assistant’ in the subject. The deadline for applications is Friday 25 May at 09.00 BST (London time).