Date Added: 10 May 2018
: 3 June 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Support Officer
Working For: Rt Hon Greg Hands MP (Chelsea and Fulham)
Salary: In line with IPSA scales
Greg Hands, Member of Parliament for Chelsea and Fulham, is looking to recruit a Parliamentary Support Officer, to be based in his House of Commons office.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. They should be able to manage a large volume of correspondence and demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks. The role would suit a new or recent graduate, an existing Parliamentary intern or a part-time student with campaigns experience.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analysing patterns of enquiries relating to local constituency campaigns
• Dealing with policy and casework queries from constituents and updating them on developments relating to the issues raised
• Logging cases and ensuring all identified actions are taken
• Providing support to caseworker and cover to other staff members as required
• Opening and dispatching mail
The ideal candidate will have:
• A good understanding of the Chelsea and Fulham constituency
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Strong writing and IT skills
• Able to take the initiative and work proactively
• Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
• Knowledge of foreign languages a definite plus
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 June 2018
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Start date to be confirmed with the successful candidate. An appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants should send their CVs with a covering letter outlining how they meet the criteria and their salary expectations to email@example.com. Please also direct any queries to this address.