Date Added: 11 May 2018
: 24 May 2018
Job Title: Researcher, Economics Section
Working For: Embassy of the Republic of Korea
Salary: Around £30,000 per year (plus ￡200/month for NI contribution)
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea is looking for a researcher with strong research skills, policy analysis experience and in-depth knowledge of the UK economy and Korea-UK relations to assist the work of the diplomats in the Economics Section.
- Conducting short and long-term research projects on various issues relating to economic and financial issues, energy and climate change and other policy areas.
- Producing both extensive reports and short briefings on UK policy, trends, and expectations.
- Working with staff in ministries including HM Treasury, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, as well as think tanks on matters of interest to the UK and Korea.
- Daily economic bulletin report.
- Drafting speeches.
- Organising delegations.
- Arranging and briefing Korean diplomats ahead of their attendance at conferences and high-level meetings.
- Attending meetings and conferences hosted by the FCO/BEIS, etc.
- Knowledge of economics and UK government
- A Masters degree in a relevant subject
- Demonstrable administrative experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a Korean cultural environment is not necessary but is desirable
- Knowledge of the Korean language is not necessary, although it might be an advantage in addition to the other core competencies
Closing Date: 24 May 2018
The successful candidates will have a writing skills test administered by email.
Interviews will start shortly after the writing skills test around early June 2018.
The preferred starting date is around the beginning of July 2018 although later starting dates are possible.
To apply, please submit electronically in PDF format a covering letter (maximum 2 pages), a CV (maximum 2 pages) and an academic certificate to Mrs. E M Nam, Senior Assistant, at email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview, writing test and will be requested to submit a Criminal Background Check. (Basic Disclosure or Subject Access Form. Please contact your local Police service.)
The successful candidate will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Website: http:// overseas.mofa.go.kr/gb-en/index.do