Reporting to the Chief Executive the post holder will play a significant role in supporting the work of the Democratic Unionist Party in Parliament.
The successful candidate will:
• Work closely with the Parliamentary Party Leader, Party Chief Whip and Parliamentary team. • Communicate effectively with our elected members.
• Liaise with both Government Whips and other Whips Offices.
• Develop and maintain contacts on behalf of the Party in Parliament.
• Work with external stakeholders on behalf of the Party and liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster and the general public on the Party’s behalf as necessary.
• Draft concise reports for consideration on relevant issues.
• Monitor Parliamentary business.
• Monitor media output and co-ordinate with the Press Office.
• Arrange meetings with Ministers and MPs, external stakeholders and Departments.
• Distribute the whip on a daily & weekly basis (indication on voting)
• Create Parliamentary business grid for MPs.
• Manage and organise events in Parliament and in London.
• Ensure the smooth running of the whips office.
• Compile agendas for and take minutes of Parliamentary Party meetings.
• Assist MPs constituency offices with Westminster business / events.
• Work closely with the wider party to communicate Parliamentary business and the work of Democratic Unionist Members of Parliament.
Third level qualification, or significant relevant experience and a demonstrable commitment to the workings of political institutions.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Strong political awareness and an understanding of the workings of Parliament.
• Awareness and supportive understanding of the aims and ethos of the Democratic Unionist Party.
• Ability to work enthusiastically and co-operatively as part of a team.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads, with a problem-solving approach.
• Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure with attention to detail.
For further information or to apply, please email your CV and a covering letter setting out why you believe you meet the criteria for the job to DUP Chief Executive Timothy Johnston at email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 1st June 2018.