Date Added: 11 May 2018
: 7 June 2018
Job Title: Policy and Stakeholder Manager – Energy Safety
Working For: Policy Connect
Salary: £26-£29k (dependent on experience)
The Policy & Stakeholder Manager is responsible for managing the policy work of All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group (APPCOG) and the Stakeholder Forum, including managing events, supporting its associate membership and increasing its parliamentary profile. They will also support other collaborative projects with external stakeholders.
- Developing the APPCOG’s policy programme, including briefings, responding to government/Select Committee consultations
- Member management
- Planning and managing parliamentary events and campaigns to achieve impact/influence on public policy
- Occasional research pieces
About the All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group
The APPCOG exists to bring parliamentarians together to discover, discuss and promote ways of tackling carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in the UK. In doing so, it works closely with the Stakeholder Forum, a coalition of energy and other industry representatives, medical professionals, researchers, campaigners and others committed to tackling the issue of CO poisoning.
Current policy areas include:
- The safety of tenants in the private rented sector
- CO safety at festivals
- Fuel poverty
Recent research publications include:
- Carbon monoxide alarms: tenants safe and secure in their homes
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: saving lives, advancing treatment
Working in the Policy Connect team
Policy Connect offers an open, vibrant work environment close to the heart of UK politics. In a team of 25 staff, you will experience the buzz of working in Westminster and the passion of working to make a change to people’s lives for the better.
You will have great influence shaping the policy field and work across Policy Connect in developing the direction of the role.
- Policy Connect contributes 5% to the employee pension scheme
- Inclusion in the formal Policy Connect learning and development programme
- Flexible working
Closing Date: 7 June 2018
Closing time: 5pm, 7 June 2018
Likely interview date: During the week commencing 18 June 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
Please visit our website and:
- Download the full job description
- Download and complete the equal opportunities form
- Submit your ANONYMOUS CV and cover letter to email@example.com
In order to ensure equal opportunities during our recruitment processes we are carrying out blind recruitment. Therefore please send your documents as a word file if possible or include a second copy of your cover letter and CV with your name erased.