Date Added: 11 May 2018
: 17 June 2018
Job Title: Campaign Manager
Working For: York Conservatives
The York Conservative Association is looking to recruit a campaign manager to work in the Campaign Office during the coming months. The successful applicant will gain first hand experience in a busy Campaign Centre and undertake a variety of tasks to support the team. The successful applicant will gain an insight into the production of campaign materials, the function and organisation of election campaigns, the management and organisation of volunteers and activists and much more. The successful candidate will also gain experience of working in a busy environment, with numerous deadlines and fast changing priorities. This is a “rolling-up-the-sleeves”, do whatever needs to be done, frontline campaigning role.
The varied role of a Campaign Manager includes responsibility for the following:
• Lead the planning, organisation and implementation of campaign days in target wards.
• To lead on the writing, design and production of campaign literature; to plan and deliver a major programme of doorstep, telephone voter contact.
• To organise and attend action days, canvassing and surveying session as required and to engage with volunteers, councillors and other stakeholders.
• Developing an on-going programme of incumbency activities with local Councillors,
• Building the profile of local council candidates.
• Recruiting volunteers and building campaign teams.
• Driving an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing.
• Organising high-profile political meetings and events.
• Producing local Party literature and building a delivery network.
• Maintaining and expanding a presence on multiple social media platforms.
• Executing a full ‘get out the vote’ operation on polling day.
The post is equivalent to five days a week, but the post holder will often be
expected to work on Saturday mornings, some weekday evenings, and other
weekend hours to fit with campaigning activities. Hours can be balanced across the
week, provided key deadlines are met and the postholder is available to meet
councillors, local party officers and other activists when required.
Closing Date: 17 June 2018
Interviews from 25/06/2018
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.