Date Added: 11 May 2018
: 29 May 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Working For: The Salvation Army
Salary: £9.50 per hour (30 hours per week)
• Work alongside the Public Affairs Adviser (Westminster) to develop and deliver a programme of visits with politicians to our front-line services.
• Liaise with the Media Team to ensure appropriate media coverage of the Public Affairs Unit work, and take responsibility for updating the Public Affairs Unit’s section of The Salvation Army website and social media accounts.
• Support the Public Affairs Unit as they raise awareness of key policy issues amongst decision makers and opinion formers at a national and local level.
• Monitor parliamentary proceedings and government consultations for subjects of interest to The Salvation Army and attend key meetings in Parliament.
• Support public affairs work at party conferences and assist with preparation for fringe events.
• Assist the Public Affairs Unit in delivering key campaigns.
• Prepare a report related to the political contact programme.
We are involved in media, policy and lobbying work. The post holder will be able to liaise with politicians, front-line personnel and internal stakeholders, have competence in multitasking and will be able to assist with the running of complex events. The candidate will also be expected to have good IT and social media skills.
Prior work experience for a politician or in a public affairs role would be advantageous.
Please note that this is a part-time position of 30 hours per week for 6 months.
Closing Date: 29 May 2018
The closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 29th May.
Interviews are due to take place on Monday 11th June.
Applicants will be asked to complete a short written task to be brought to the interview.
Please send your CV and cover letter highlighting your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and cover letter as separate documents with your full name as part of each filename.