Date Added: 14 May 2018
: 29 June 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs and PR Internship
Working For: M&F Health Communications Ltd
Salary: London Living Wage (£10.20 ph)
M&F Health is a new independent communications consultancy which specialises in health and wellbeing. The consultancy, which has a strong focus on campaigning, provides communications support for leading pharmaceutical companies, device and diagnostics companies, professional membership organisation and charities. It also has a fast-developing nutrition business, working for leading commercial and third sector organisations in the sector.
This role is ideal for those wishing to explore a career in public affairs and PR, with an interest in the health sector. Experience in either a public affairs and/or PR environment, or in Parliament, and a strong interest in health would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will play a supporting role to the integrated PR and PA teams, and will have an opportunity to gain valuable public affairs and public relations experience through cross-sector working.
Core tasks will include:
• Providing daily media (including social media) monitoring
• Providing policy briefings
• Compiling weekly political monitoring reports
• Providing research for communication plans and proposals
• Supporting the team to deliver communications objectives to plan
• Supporting team members with administrative duties
• Supporting the team with organising events
We are looking for someone with:
• Excellent drafting skills
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent organisational abilities – ability to juggle a number of competing priorities, and to seek advice and guidance from colleagues when needed
• Political and campaigning awareness
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Hands on approach to work
• Strong digital campaigning skills
• Good IT skills and understanding of social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
• Attention to detail
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Interviews and start date to commence as soon as possible. Please note that we may look to appoint before the closing date.
Application Details: Please submit your CV and a brief covering letter detailing why you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org