Date Added: 14 May 2018
: 24 May 2018
Job Title: Policy Adviser
Working For: CBI
Based at our Cannon Place office, the CBI’s innovation and digital team is responsible for developing business-friendly policy solutions relating to areas such as digital infrastructure and the digital single market.
Lead the CBI’s work on digital strategy
- The post holder will lead the CBI’s policy work on to aspects of UK and EU digital strategy such as digital infrastructure and the shape of the EU’s digital single market.
- This will include in-depth policy analysis, research, engagement with CBI members and wider stakeholders, organising senior level events as well as writing reports, drafting press releases, articles and blogs.
Work effectively with CBI members and colleagues across the business
- The post holder will engage effectively with CBI members and colleagues across the CBI, including the membership team.
- The post holder will also seek innovative ways to maximise our member service and contribute to the innovation and digital team’s commercial goals.
Maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders
- The post holder will build and maintain positive relationships with external contacts including relevant officials and wider stakeholders with an interest in digital strategy.
- This will include attending meetings as well as preparing and delivering presentations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Achieved a 2:1 at degree level or equivalent
- A master’s degree in a public policy related field (e.g. economics, politics) is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of UK and EU political institutions and the broad political landscape.
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders, including with senior figures.
- Effective planning, organisational and time management skills
- Clear oral communication and presentation skills
- Networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work well with others
- IT literacy (Microsoft, MS Office)
- An interest in digital policy and helping implement solutions to make policy work better for business
- Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
- A commitment to the CBI’s values of pride, impact, respect and honesty.
Closing Date: 24 May 2018
Please send CV’s and cover letters through to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Policy Adviser- Innovation' as your subject heading.
*This ad has been removed*