Date Added: 14 May 2018
: 25 May 2018
Job Title: Delivery intern
Working For: New Schools Network
Salary: London Living Wage, pro rata.
NSN’s Delivery Team offers support to open free schools, of which there are almost 400, as well as the 300 or so that have been approved to open. With more schools than ever before in the pre-opening phase, we are rapidly expanding the scope of work carried out by the Delivery Team. This is an exciting time to join NSN and its Delivery Team.
This role will be based in our London office, but may require travel across England from time to time.
Interns are an invaluable part of our team and work across all areas undertaking a range of tasks and responsibilities:
• Provide quick and accurate advice for open free schools and those in pre-opening via phone and email, or refer them to the appropriate advice and support within NSN
• Support the work of NSN’s Advisers and Project Managers, working with schools in pre-opening
• Contribute to NSN’s campaign work by highlighting examples of the positive impact schools are having
• Organise and help to deliver training and networking events for free school leaders
• Carry out research
• Arrange visits to open free schools
• Support the administration of the organisation’s work generally.
Candidates need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Enthusiasm – our interns must be passionate about education, support the free schools policy and be able to thrive in this fast moving policy environment.
• Impressive communication skills – our interns communicate with a great variety of individuals and groups in person, over the phone and in writing, including senior civil servants, politicians and policy makers.
• Excellent organisational skills – our interns need to prioritise their workload and manage their time efficiently.
• Adaptability – our interns are asked to use their initiative and complete a wide variety of projects; our interns must be willing to undertake routine administrative tasks.
• Attention to detail – our interns will need to complete both written and data-related tasks with precision and clarity.
• Professionalism – our interns need to represent NSN in a professional and appropriate manner in any situation and demonstrate commitment to NSN’s strategic direction and core values.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
An initial assessment of all applications received will be done by Friday 18th May. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a short telephone interview w/c 28th May, with the strongest candidates invited to interview in-person w/c 4th and w/c 11th June.
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for this job. Please note: We are keen to appoint as soon as possible so will be interviewing for this position before the deadline. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.