Date Added: 14 May 2018
: 25 May 2018
Job Title: Researcher/ Research Manager
Working For: Common Vision (CoVi)
Salary: £25-30k dependent on experience
Common Vision is a millennial think tank working to change the narrative around our shared future. We believe that the power of positive ideas can detoxify the public debate. We curate research and insights from a range of perspectives, develop fresh solutions to collective social challenges, and use creative engagement methods to encourage people to work together to achieve a new kind of politics based on long-term intergenerational goals and the common good.
We aim to move beyond technical or binary debates, to help people understand more about the social, cultural, political and economic issues that impact on our lives. We use our insights to showcase fresh perspectives or prototype new solutions, which capitalise on new opportunities to respond to collective challenges through policymaking, systems change and our own individual behaviours. And whilst conventional think tanks seek to influence traditional public leaders, we believe that it is everyone’s responsibility to achieve shared aspirations, which is why our work seeks to inspire civic engagement, political literacy and practical action.
Since launching in 2014 we've built up a strong reputation for fresh ideas and innovative ways of engaging people. We are expanding our small but ambitious staff team and have an exciting opportunity for someone with professional research, communications and fundraising experience.
- Planning and executing desk research and interviews/ focus groups on a range of different topics
- Identifying and developing new channels, formats and engagement opportunities for our outputs
- Liaising with external stakeholders and contributors including authors, public commentators, Parliamentarians and business/civil society leaders
- Fundraising and building relationships with partners, sponsors and contributors
- Creative flair in identifying, developing and promoting new ideas
- At least three years’ experience in two or more of the following: research, data analysis, writing and editing publications and/or online content
- Experience line managing junior colleagues
- Track record of building and developing partnerships
- A keen eye for detail and strong administrative and organisational skills
- We will consider part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Closing Date: 25 May 2018
Please send a CV and tailored covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org