Date Added: 17 May 2018
: 30 May 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: David Lidington MP (Aylesbury)
Salary: According to IPSA pay scales
The role will be focused on the management of constituency casework, as well as developing an in-depth knowledge of the Aylesbury constituency. Good communication, office skills, and understanding and empathy for the residents of the area are all required. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and be keen to help local people.
This position is full-time and based in Mr Lidington’s Westminster office. Key responsibilities include:
• Providing information, advice and support to individuals on a range of local and national issues.
• Liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve problems.
• Drafting correspondence to constituents and organisations in relation to casework.
• Assisting with office administration as needed.
• Attending meetings and constituency visits, including constituency surgeries, with the MP.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Good presentation and organisational skills.
• Ability to manage workload and work unsupervised to strict deadlines.
• Willingness to be a key member of a small team.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 May 2018
Interviews and start dates will be as soon as possible. This role may be filled before the closing date.
Please submit a CV (of not more than two pages) and covering letter (of not more than a page) to Kieran Sinclair at email@example.com. For further information please telephone 020 7219 2514.