Date Added: 18 May 2018
: 17 June 2018
Job Title: Associate Political Consultant
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (plus bonuses)
The Whitehouse Consultancy is an issues-led communications agency, specialising in: public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications. We advise clients on how to effectively, and positively, engage with key decision-makers and influencers in: Westminster, Whitehall, Brussels and devolved and local government.
We are looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running in building strong relationships with our clients, working with a good degree of independence and contributing enthusiastically to business development.
• Acting as a central point of contact for client activity, including managing some clients as directed.
• Developing creative and effective public affairs strategies for clients.
• Attending client meetings with Parliamentarians and/or civil servants as requested, participating in discussions and advising the client where appropriate.
• Monitoring policy developments from Government Departments and public policy announcements, consultations, calls for evidence and press releases, highlighting issues of relevance for clients and keeping up to date with issues in the sectors which affect your clients.
• Arranging and scheduling Parliamentary meetings, receptions or other events.
• Drafting correspondence to, and stakeholder lists of, Parliamentarians, officials and bodies within the UK Health Sector.
• Preparing briefings, policy audits, research papers, reports and Select Committee submissions and consultation responses under guidance.
• Developing and driving new business activity supported by the Senior Team.
• Supporting internal communications where our role is to provide secretariat services to a trade body.
• General research to support client media engagement strategies, including identifying opportunities for clients in the national and specialist press.
• Working more broadly as directed, including participating in event management, handling press enquiries and undertaking social media activity for clients if required.
• Willingness to work on international clients as and when required.
More information on this role and the level of experience we require is available at: https://www.whitehouseconsulting.co.uk/about-us/careers/
Closing Date: 17 June 2018
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we may decide to appoint before the closing date should an excellent candidate be identified.
Please submit a C.V. and covering letter, detailing why you would like to work for The Whitehouse Consultancy, to Paul Church via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*This ad has been removed at request of orginial poster*