Date Added: 18 May 2018
: 14 June 2018
Job Title: Policy Associate
Working For: Banking Standards Board
The BSB is an independent, impartial and challenging champion of better banking standards. It is not a regulator or a lobby group; but is working with banks and building societies, their customers and staff and a range of other stakeholders to improve standards.
The Policy Team is responsible for helping to develop practical and innovative ways in which to achieve higher standards of competence and behaviour across the UK banking sector. We engage with a broad range of stakeholders and leading experts and our aim is to develop a common understanding of what ‘good’ looks like in respect to competence, behaviour and culture in banking.
The main responsibilities of our Policy Associates include:
- developing good practice guidance aimed at improving competence and behaviour in banks and building societies in consultation with member firms and wider stakeholders;
- organising, supporting and presenting to working group meetings, roundtable discussions and larger events to explore and identify ways to address cross-sectoral barriers to improving standards of competence and behavior; and
- identifying and researching emerging issues that are likely to affect behaviour and competence in banking, and working with our Assessment and Insights teams to gather data to help better understand the associated risks.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- experience in policy and stakeholder engagement, e.g. in the public sector or in public affairs;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- an ability to draw salient conclusions from quantitative and qualitative data;
- ability to build and maintain a strong dialogue with external and internal stakeholders;
- excellent organisational skills;
- commitment to continuous learning and personal development; and
- a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
In addition to the above, desirable but non-essential knowledge, skills and experience include:
- aptitude for line-management;
- project support or management experience;
- a relevant Master’s degree;
- for candidates to have worked in or with:
o a bank or building society;
o an organisation that develops public policy;
o an organisation focused on professional or business ethics and standards; or
o assessment of organisations against set criteria.
Closing Date: 14 June 2018
Applicants will need to be available to attend an assessment centre in the week beginning 25 June 2018 and will be notified if their application has been successful the week before. Further information will follow for those candidates who are selected from the initial sift.
If you are interested in applying for the role of Policy Associate then please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 by either email or post to:
Banking Standards Board
75 King William Street
London EC4N 7BE