Date Added: 18 May 2018
: 15 June 2018
Job Title: Editor
Working For: Centre for Policy Studies
The Centre for Policy Studies is looking for an Editor to join its growing team.
The CPS is one of the UK's leading free-market think-tanks, founded in 1974 by Margaret Thatcher and Sir Keith Joseph. The Centre exists to promote the principles of free markets and a free society. It also operates the CapX website, which acts as a platform for the best thinking on politics and economics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the editing and production of our policy reports, working with Director and our in-house policy team, as well as external authors. The goal is to ensure that every proposal we put forward is impactful, convincing and attractively presented.
- Strong track record as an editor, copy editor and/or sub-editor
- Great eye for detail
- Good working knowledge of UK politics and policy
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign or similar tools
- An interest in and sympathy with free-market principles and centre-right politics
- Experience of working with high-profile authors
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Basic or advanced graphic design skills
- Experience of journalism, the media or politics
The position would be full-time, based in our offices in Tufton Street in London.
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis and hope to recruit before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the word “EDITOR” in the subject line. Applications should be marked for the attention of Robert Colvile.