Date Added: 23 May 2018
: 21 June 2018
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Portland
Salary: Competitive salary
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Local expertise ranges from contentious planning applications and major infrastructure projects, through to community campaigns and stakeholder engagement.
As part of our work, we enable a number of the UK’s leading businesses and organizations to engage effectively with local communities and decision makers.
From advising on the practical implications of the devolution agenda, to the impact of new models of local service provision, our specialist team helps clients to understand emerging risks and opportunities in a rapidly evolving policy and political landscape.
- This role is within the Portland Local unit, our specialist, full-service local engagement unit.
- From running major public consultation programmes around some of the UK’s biggest infrastructure projects to mapping the local impact of government policy, Portland Local enable clients to understand and communicate with local influencers and decision makers.
- Our consultants have a passion for politics, grassroots campaigning and a keen understanding of the crucial role played by local stakeholders.
- The intern will support the Local team in all aspects of our day to day work.
- Monitoring and providing analysis of local and central government proceedings;
- Assisting with the production of political audits of local authority areas, helping clients to understand the local policy environment;
- On the ground local campaigning activity, including local canvassing;
- Assisting with media sell-ins on behalf of clients with local and national press;
- Preparing draft political and stakeholder briefs for clients;
- Assisting with the production of detailed research documents;
- Assisting with event organisation and planning;
- Undertaking research for new business proposals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:2).
- Preference may be given to candidates who have at least a 2:1 degree or relevant research experience. Previous experience of public affairs research or a post graduate qualification in a relevant subject area would be an advantage; and
- Candidates with demonstrable experience of campaigning will be at an advantage, whether gained in a political party or NGO environment.
- Be proficient in the use of database and Internet tools; spreadsheets, and word processing.
Closing Date: 21 June 2018
Start date - as soon as possible.
Please be aware we may appoint before the closing date which is 21 June 2018.
To apply for this role please click on the link below
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.