Date Added: 23 May 2018
: 21 July 2018
Job Title: Freelance Editor
Working For: Global Lingo
Location: Home based
Salary: Approx. £18.00 per hour of audio edited
Global Lingo is a language services company, providing transcription and writing services to major financial, banking, pharmaceutical and medical organisations around the world.
We are currently seeking reliable, skilled editors to join our freelance team.
The role of the editor is to quality-control documents produced by our transcribers, to ensure transcripts meet our strict quality standards. Specific tasks are:
• Audio edit transcripts to ensure content accuracy
• Resolve queries from the transcriber
• Thorough proofreading
• Check grammar and punctuation
• Conduct full research
• Ensure names, job titles, terms are correct
• Adhere to Global Lingo style and formatting guidelines
• Provide feedback on quality of transcript
• Deliver transcripts to specified deadlines
Our editors should be familiar / comfortably working with foreign accents (mainly French), have a keen eye for detail and excellent research skills, and be able to provide exceptional quality control to often challenging deadlines.
• Native English speaker
• Familiarity with foreign accents
• Home-based with fast internet access
• Flawless writing, editing and research skills
• Experience in medical/pharma/finance/banking fields
• Good general knowledge
• An eye for detail
• Able to meet deadlines
• Minimum typing speed of 70 wpm
Prior transcription and/or editing experience is essential, and candidates are requested to apply online via this advert. You will need to provide a up-to-date CV. Screened candidates will be asked to go through our vetting process prior to taking a short editing test.
Closing Date: 21 July 2018
There is no interview as part of this process, but screened candidates will be required to go through our vetting process prior to taking a short editing test.
The start date is immediate.
If you think you meet the requirements we are looking for, please contact Sarah Radford at email@example.com, providing an up to date CV.
If you have any questions about the role or procedure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org