Date Added: 24 May 2018
: 13 June 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Seema Kennedy MP (South Ribble)
Salary: In accordance with IPSA pay scales
Seema Kennedy MP is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and hard-working Caseworker to join her busy Westminster office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic person with a commitment to helping people who contact their Member of Parliament with a range of different issues and concerns. You will support Seema Kennedy MP in her day-to-day duties, and be expected to use your own initiative to answer constituents on a wide range of enquiries. The applicant must also be discreet, highly organised, a strong communicator, and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, local government, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve often complex matters
- Provide information, advice and support for individuals on a range of local and national issues
- Maintain the casework database with accurate and timely updates and data entry
- Drafting correspondence on various issues on the Member's behalf
- Dealing with constituents by letter, email and telephone in a sensitive and confidential matter
- Monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken in relations to casework
- Assisting with office administration as needed, and any other duties as required
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 June 2018
Interview dates: w/c 18th June 2018, subject to Parliamentary business
Start date: July 2018 (to be confirmed with the successful candidate)
To apply, please email your CV (maximum 2 pages), and a covering letter (maximum 1 page) to: Fjolla.firstname.lastname@example.org