Date Added: 24 May 2018
: 22 June 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: ScaleUp Institute
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
We are looking for an experienced Communications professional to deliver our external communications and support our growth.
● Produce weekly CEO newsletters drawing from news sources and SUI activities
● Manage social media engagement
● Write blog posts for ScaleUp Institute website and other external sources
● Develop fresh content for publication
● Manage media engagement / produce press releases
● Be a key co-ordinator of regional roundtables and education events/ local liaison
● Work with the published research content and new research content
● Segment our audiences and create a communications plan for each segment.
● Promote our activities and the Institute’s profile through a variety of channels
● Promote initiatives geared towards the entrepreneurial and investment community
● Distill case study research into summaries; insights; infographics etc for publication
● Actively engage with the annual scaleup survey and help to increase scaleup business participation in the survey
● Fully contribute to the writing and development of the Annual Review and other publications.
● Support the publishing process.
● Work confidently with Wordpress to keep the website up to date.
Main functions of the job
● Manage full spectrum of external communications
● Draft content for mass media or company website
● Assist in communication strategies in conjunction with the CEO
● Work closely with partners in developing content/ communications opportunities
● Liaise with external designers for content production
● Graduate or equivalent professional experience 2+ Years’ experience in related roles
● Excellent communication and copywriting skills and a communications specialist.
● Experience in corporate and public communications, digital marketing and project management.
● Media engagement
● Experience of working in a research and policy organisation, trade association, membership organisation or start-up would be desirable.
● Experience of working within the business or finance industry is a plus.
● Detail oriented and quality obsessed.
● Experience in copywriting and editing
● Outstanding organisational and planning abilities
● Excellent command of English
● Experience in Wordpress, basic graphic editing and content production (or willingness to learn)
● Computer literacy including MS Office suite and Google Docs/Drive functionality
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
Interviews start immediately on a rolling basis. We may appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is available.
Start date: immediate start.
Please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com