Date Added: 24 May 2018
: 15 June 2018
Job Title: News Intern
Working For: The Times, a client of Creative Access
Salary: £10.20 per hour (London Living Wage)
Incredible opportunity for a talented, dedicated and creative individual looking to pursue a career as a news journalist to be trained by one of the world’s leading newspapers.
The Times is one of the most respected daily newspapers in the world. First published in 1785, the paper has a long history of thought-provoking and ground-breaking articles.
The newspaper is offering an opportunity for a sharp and creative candidate to join their award-winning team as a news intern for six weeks this summer.
They are looking for people with originality, talent, commitment, a love of journalism and a passion for storytelling. The successful candidate will gain valuable on-the-job training from outstanding journalists.
You must be passionate about news, politics and current affairs and have had some work experience as a reporter. This could be in your student newspaper, local newspaper or news website.
- Story research
- Shadowing senior news reporters
- Writing copy for the newspaper across print and digital
What you will learn:
- How to write concise, accurate copy
- How to pitch story ideas
- How to research and source stories
- How to write for print and digital platforms
Knowledge and experience:
- A strong interest in news, politics and current affairs
- Work experience on a newspaper or digital news site (this could include a student or local newspaper)
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
- Please include as ONE document:
- A cover letter that explains why you want to intern at The Times (max 500 words)
- Your CV
- Three examples of your published work – please include full articles, not hyperlinks