Date Added: 25 May 2018
: 14 June 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon David Davis MP (Haltemprice and Howden)
Salary: in line with IPSA
The Rt. Hon David Davis MP seeks a parliamentary assistant to join his Westminster office.
The position will involve parliamentary research and some constituency casework. The position would suit a hardworking and enthusiastic graduate with office experience and an interest in politics.
The role will consist of:
• Completing research projects on a wide variety of topics
• Some constituency casework
• Monitoring local media and press
• Researching across a range of local and national political issues to produce comprehensive briefings to tight deadlines
• Conducting and maintaining general correspondence and general office administration
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills
• Researching online and using libraries
• Previous experience of working in an office environment is essential
We are looking for a confident individual who will be proficient at working to tight deadlines and managing their time efficiently. An awareness and interest in the political interests of Mr Davis would be beneficial. Previous experience working in Parliament is by no means essential for the right candidate.
It should be noted that this is a position in the Parliamentary Office of David Davis MP, not in the Department for Exiting the European Union.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 June 2018
Interviews will be conducted in Westminster in the weeks following 24th June. We are aiming for an appointment as soon as practicable before 17th August 2018.
To apply, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org