Date Added: 30 May 2018
: 2 July 2018
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: James Duddridge MP (Rochford and Southend East)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Draft responses to constituents
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases accurately
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Excellent communication skills, including written skills and competence on Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook Excel).
- Knowledge of the constituency and local political, social and economic environment.
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity and ensure that the highest standards of confidentiality are upheld.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
- A working knowledge of parliamentary procedures.
- Experience of leadership within the office of an MP, MEP or similar public figure is desirable but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 2 July 2018
All applications should be submitted by 17:00pm on the closing date. Applications submitted after this date and time will not be considered.
Candidates please be advised that we may interview and appoint before the closing date if the right candidate applies.
Please send CV and covering letter to Pindie Kuzvinzwa; firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date with the subject line 'Caseworker'.
For further information please call the office on 01702 616 135
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.