Date Added: 30 May 2018
: 15 June 2018
Job Title: Campaign Co-ordinator
Working For: Welwyn Hatfield & Hertfordshire Liberal Democrats
Salary: £20,000 pro-rata (£16,000 per annum)
The Campaign Co-ordinator will play a pivotal role in delivering the campaign strategy and plan in Welwyn Hatfield and across a number of areas in Hertfordshire.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dems are on a clear upward trajectory. In this year’s local elections, we held three seats and gained a further three - returning the biggest Lib Dem group ever on Welwyn Hatfield borough council.
Across Hertfordshire, the Lib Dems are just as successful. We are the official opposition on the County Council, we control Three Rivers Council and Watford Council as well as hold the Mayoral seat.
We need someone who can coordinate candidates, help deliver the campaign mechanics and motivate volunteers. The role will focus on supporting the design and production of campaign literature and delivery, as well as the co-ordination of action days and training.
This post would ideally suit a candidate seeking a career in politics or campaigning who is looking to develop their campaigning and organisational skills. Additional training can be provided if required. You would be required to join the Liberal Democrats in order to come under the Party’s GDPR Data Controller, and you must not be a member of another political party.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience of campaigning (not necessarily in a political context)
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to motivate volunteers
- Effectively analyse data and prepare reports
- Proficient with appropriate IT software and systems, especially Word and Excel
- Experience in utilising a range of social media platforms
- Effective time self-management and experience of being responsible for apportioning that time between competing priorities
- Ability to work to deadlines with limited supervision
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment
- Motivated to promote the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of using the following software systems: Connect, Salesforce, Nationbuilder and PagePlus
- Experience of training others, particularly in the use of systems supporting campaigning in the Lib Dems
- Experience in the production of printed material
- Experience of political campaigning
- Experience of acting as agent in a political context
See www.welhatlibdems.org.uk for more information
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
Applications close 11:59.
Interviews will be in the week beginning 18th June. The successful applicant could start in post 1st July, however allowance can be made for notice periods if needed.
Please apply by email attaching:
- CV (including contact telephone numbers and email address)
- Covering letter (two A4 pages maximum) setting out why you want to do this job and how your experience and skills match the job description and person specification.
CV and covering letter should be emailed to email@example.com
Two references will be required if you are invited to interview. Only applicants invited for interview will be contacted. For an informal chat about the post, call Paul Zukowskyj on 0775 157 8462.