Date Added: 31 May 2018
: 15 June 2018
Job Title: Programmes Manager
Working For: Conservative Environment Network
Salary: Dependent on experience
Conservative Environment Network (CEN) is an independent organisation which gives voice to conservatives who support pragmatic, market-driven solutions to environmental challenges. We are looking for a motivated and diligent individual to help deliver and shape our programme of events. The role is ideal for someone with experience of working in parliament who is looking to join a small, dynamic, and influential organisation working on one of the Government’s key policy areas.
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of current environmental policy, and be comfortable working with senior Parliamentarians and Government Ministers.
The primary focus of the role will be delivering an ambitious programme of events, including party conference receptions, parliamentary dinners, and a net zero conference. There will also be communications, stakeholder engagement and research elements to the role, with scope for progression subject to success.
• Helping to deliver CEN’s party conference events and CEN’s net zero conference
• Organising researchers’ drinks receptions
• Arranging parliamentary dinners
Communications & Research:
• Keeping CEN’s website and social media up to date
• Writing op-eds on current environmental policy issues
• Drafting briefing notes ahead of debates
• Meeting with senior Parliamentarians and Government Ministers
• Liaising with sector stakeholders
• A belief in conservative environmentalism
• An interest in events management
• Experience of working in parliament
• A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small team and who can work independently
• Good interpersonal skills and a strong academic record
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
Interviews to take place in the week commencing 18th June. We will look to appoint soon after.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to Sam Richards, Incoming Director of CEN, at email@example.com.