Date Added: 30 May 2018
: 13 June 2018
Job Title: Government Relations Officer
Working For: Transport for London
Salary: £33,000-35,000 plus free travel on the TfL network
You will work as part of the Government & Parliamentary Relations team to build relationships with Parliament, Members of Parliament, Peers and other relevant stakeholders in Government.
• Providing effective support as specified and required to the relevant senior manager on implementing the public affairs strategy to engage and build relationships with the Mayor’s Office, GLA, the London Assembly, Parliament, MPs, peers and other relevant stakeholders.
• Implementing aspects of public affairs engagement activity to support the delivery of the TfL Business Plan and the Mayor’s Transport Strategy.
• Providing successful support to manage scrutiny from Parliament or the London Assembly, including Mayor’s Questions, as appropriate, and effectively manage systems to log, track and ensure quality and timely responses to correspondence from MPs, Assembly Members and sent to the Mayor/Deputy Mayor and others as appropriate.
• Providing effective high-quality draft responses to correspondence, Mayor’s Questions, briefing notes and other written work including submissions to committees as required.
• Being an effective point of contact for MPs, peers and London Assembly members, as appropriate, to raise their awareness and advocacy and to ensure their feedback is shared with the appropriate colleagues for consideration.
• Providing high-quality support to senior managers and other colleagues within the Government Relations team to help achieve departmental objectives.
• Pro-actively working in an open and collaborative manner to build relationships across the entire business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Closing Date: 13 June 2018
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing will be carried out on the basis of answers to any pre-screening questions and the information on your CV and covering letter.