Date Added: 30 May 2018
: 17 June 2018
Job Title: Service Re-design and Improvement Lead Officer
Working For: Dacorum Borough Council
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £30,606 to £32,385 per annum
Fancy changing the way that local government works?
Dacorum are looking for someone with fresh ideas to transform the way that our services work and put residents at the centre.
You will have the opportunity to work with all departments and partners, spotting opportunities to join up our work, and deliver more effective and efficient services. You will also be encouraged to stay up to date with sector developments, and maintain connections with service designers across other local authorities, building on existing information sharing.
While most of your work will come from a rolling internal consultancy programme, you will also have the opportunity to identify other needs and make the case for new projects.
To give you an idea of the variety involved in the role, in the past 18 months the Service Redesign and Improvement Lead Officer has worked on:
• Creating a more effective community sector safety net through improving community centre web presence, information sharing with the NHS and county council social prescribers and signposting at times of change for residents
• A wellbeing project in which staff walked the distance from Hemel Hempstead to Australia
• Identifying commercialisation opportunities for adventure playgrounds
• Improving the way that we communicate with residents to help us to get it right first time, and training staff in effective letter writing
• Presenting at two conferences on applying behavioural insights to Council Tax registration
• Experimenting with new approaches to our organisational structure
Ideally, you will have some knowledge of service design, how local government works, and an enthusiasm for the positive difference that councils can make in the lives of residents. You will also be willing to learn, picking up Dacorum’s service design method, and developing your knowledge in areas such as behavioural insights. Most importantly, you will be a self-starter, willing to take responsibility for improvement of a wide variety of services, and happy to do so without the need for micromanagement.
Closing Date: 17 June 2018
Shortlisting dates W/C 18 June
Interview dates W/C 25th June
Starting Date ASAP post interviews.
Apply online at: https://dacorum.engageats.co.uk/ViewVacancyV2.aspx?enc=mEgrBL4XQK0+ld8aNkwYmD3XdUYyW8+8i4SEmEoE5QV3YNgBBGjFhD2W823o2ozdbwadyc0iTd+ehrLaA5x0FFWJpZZ55y9Y0BxaD4J1aRP7XixW3WZ2YSD5v5PKe+nYFcmfn6szZUMrMQfgdum8SA==
Find out more about working for the council on http://www.dacorum.gov.uk/home/jobs-and-careers