Date Added: 31 May 2018
: 29 June 2018
Job Title: International Market Reporter
Working For: Demeter Reports Ltd.
Salary: £5.90 - £7.83 p/h (National Minimum Wage dependent on age) for 3 months, then £18,000 per annum
An opportunity has opened for an individual with an interest in world affairs to help produce the leading publication for the international rice market.
In this role you will liaise with traders, brokers, buyers and sellers to analyse supply and demand dynamics, make price assessments and write market reports.
Candidates must be quick minded, well-motivated and have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. The ability to build positive working relationships with people throughout the world and a sound knowledge of world politics, current events and geography is essential. Ideal candidates will possess the highest ethical standards to report on a complex and often opaque market.
The successful candidate will be trained to understand international commodity trading and price discovery as will develop skills such as market reporting, journalistic writing and publishing. It is an excellent opportunity for a creative graduate interested in starting a career in journalism/market report writing or international trade analysis. You will become an expert on this commodity.
Immediate start. This is a full time role based in Farnham, Surrey, paying £18,000 per annum. The permanent placement is subject to the successful completion of a 3 month temporary placement, paying national minimum wage/national living wage, should both parties be happy.
Tasks and opportunities will include:
- Writing news articles/releases.
- Developing online content for web pages and offline content for reports.
- Obtaining market information directly by contacting participants and extracting key facts and information for reporting purposes.
- Research, collection and entering of data, updating and maintaining of website.
- Opportunities for future international travel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and grasp of the English language (a foreign language would also be useful)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; proficient typing skills.
- Keen interest in current events and international affairs
- An understanding of economic principles
This position calls for a well-organized person who enjoys multi-tasking and working in a small team. Ideally the candidate will be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment and hitting daily deadlines.
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role to Stephen Jones at email@example.com.