Date Added: 31 May 2018
: 18 June 2018
Job Title: Head of Communications
Working For: Conservative Group Office of the National Assembly for Wales
Location: Ty Hywel, The National Assembly for Wales, Cardiff Bay
Salary: £33,144 - £40,486 (Please note that recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range)
Working in conjunction with the team, take a leading role on the press, communications and social media operation of the Welsh Conservative Group in the National Assembly for Wales; devising key political messaging and maximising coverage for the Group, its policies and wider objectives; guiding strategic and tactical direction; ensuring successful day-to-day contact with editors, senior journalists and other key stakeholders.
Main duties include
- Working with colleagues, design and implement a comprehensive media strategy for the Welsh Conservative Group in the National Assembly for Wales; which aims to maximise exposure in all forms of media at a local, national and UK level.
- Take a leading role in developing Group messaging across a wide-range of portfolio areas; including devising responses to political announcements in Wales, advising on key policy positions and acting as a spokesperson for the Group where necessary.
- Working in the Welsh Conservative Assembly Group’s media operation dealing with both proactive and reactive press on a day-to-day basis.
- A formal qualification in Media or Communications is essential
- An NCTJ diploma qualification or similar would be highly desirable
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of delivering consistent results in a senior capacity within a busy Newsroom, or Press Office environment
- A thorough knowledge, understanding and experience of press-handling techniques
- Experience in motivating colleagues towards clearly-defined aims and goals
This is a varied and interesting role providing an excellent opportunity for applicants wishing to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Please note appointment will be subject to references and a security check.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post, which can be found here: http://www.assembly.wales/en/gethome/working/am-support-jobs/Pages/MBS-016-18.aspx
Closing Date: 18 June 2018
To be confirmed
Applications should be submitted to MembersBusinessSupport@assembly.wales