Date Added: 31 May 2018
: 15 June 2018
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Peterborough Conservative Association
Salary: £10 per hour (Part Time, min. 15hrs per week)
Peterborough Conservative Association requires a part-time Office Manager to assist with day-to-day admin duties which include:
• General admin and secretarial duties which will require a good level of IT skills and experience of MS software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Assisting the Executive Officers and members in connection with the association’s business.
• Dealing with calls, emails and other forms of communications from association to members and the general public.
• Membership administration and promotion of the same to attract new members.
• Organising fundraising and social events.
• Basic bookkeeping, banking and the paying of the associations bills.
• Organising and attending occasional meetings including the AGM and minute-taking at those meetings (mostly daytime and occasional evenings).
• You will ideally need to have excellent communication and IT skills.
• Being social media savvy and technically competent in modern media skills, as well as experience of content management software would be a definite advantage - working with programmes such as MODX and CMS for website updating.
• Production of newsletters using desktop publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher or similar software would also be desirable or a willingness to learn these skills.
The successful candidate must be diligent, trustworthy, discrete and above all hardworking with an eye for detail. Often working alone on projects you should be disciplined to get on with the task in hand without the need for direct supervision.
We will expect a degree of political awareness and we are of course looking for a person that shares the same political perspective as our members. Current or previous party membership is also a definitive advantage.
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
Interview date: to be confirmed following closing date
Start date: as soon as possible
If you are interested in this position, please email Chairman Wayne Fitzgerald your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or post to: 193 Dogsthorpe Road, Peterborough, PE1 3AT.
Only those applicants who have been successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.