Date Added: 1 June 2018
: 18 June 2018
Job Title: Director
Working For: Franco-British Council
Salary: Circa £45,000-£50,000 + pension according to experience (pro-rata)
The British and French Governments established the Franco-British Council over 40 years ago to foster understanding between both Countries. We are seeking for a new Director.
The Council aims to deliver four key programmes for the bilateral relationship: Young Leaders Programme; Defence Conference; Energy Seminar; and Entente Cordiale Scholarships. More details can be found on our website.
The Director will normally work four or five days a week, helped by an assistant two or three days a week. The position allows flexible working and is based in Central London with travel to Paris.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of the annual programme for the Young Leaders;
- Management of delivery of the Defence Conference, Energy Seminar and Entente Cordiale Scheme;
- Fundraising and coordination with donors, government, and other interest groups;
- Representing the Council in public fora;
- Regular reporting to the Board of Trustees.
Essential requirements are:
- A proactive can-do attitude and a desire to make a difference;
- Excellent programme delivery and fundraising skills;
- Excellent spoken and good written French, and a knowledge of France;
- Eight years experience in positions of responsibility in the public or private sector;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and familiarity with dealing with senior stakeholders.
Closing Date: 18 June 2018
Interviews will start on week commencing July 2nd.
Applications, including a curriculum vitae, a covering letter of less than 500 words showing how you meet the requirements, together with the names and e-mail addresses of two referees, should be submitted via an application form found, along with a job description, on our website below.