Date Added: 1 June 2018
: 18 June 2018
Job Title: Research and Collaboration Policy Officer
Working For: ABPI
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Reporting to the Head of Science Policy, the role of the Research and Collaboration Policy Officer will be to support the development and delivery of policy advocacy and relevant projects to maintain the UK environment for, and enhance UK competitiveness for, biopharmaceutical research and development, focussing on early-phase medicines research and academic collaboration.
- Support the development and delivery of ABPI’s policy work for early stage medicines research and development and academic collaboration.
- Lead the organisation of policy meetings, workshops, and forums
- Represent the ABPI and our member companies externally on cross-sector policy groups relevant to animal research, adaptive design clinical trials and academic collaboration.
- Provide ABPI secretariat support for relevant ‘expert networks’
- Develop written consultation responses as required on areas of relevance to early phase medicines research and academic collaboration.
- Work with the wider ABPI team on communications relevant to the role.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in science. Relevant postgraduate qualifications (Desirable)
- A strong interest in science and R&D policy (Essential). Understanding and experience of science, technology or R&D policy (Desirable).
- Understanding or experience of the pharmaceutical industry and R&D
- Excellent admin and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experiencing of presenting to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to interact with senior members of the pharmaceutical industry, Government figures and external stakeholders as appropriate
- A positive attitude, with a track record of team working, a can-do attitude and the ability to work across organizations
- Willingness and ability to contribute and develop new ideas
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage a varied workload
- Willing to travel to occasional external events and meetings
Closing Date: 18 June 2018
Interview dates TBC. Start date ASAP.
For a full job description and salary and benefits information or to apply for this opportunity please send your CV with a covering letter to the HR Manager at email@example.com.