Date Added: 1 June 2018
: 22 June 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Chris Green MP (Bolton West)
Chris Green MP is looking for a full time Communications Officer to be based in his busy constituency office in Bolton West.
• Writing press releases
• Organising public events
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Publicising the MP’s parliamentary and constituency duties on social media
• Following up on social media queries and comments
• Updating the MP’s website
• Accompanying the MP on constituency visits
• Building and maintaining relationships with journalists and stakeholders
• Some casework handling will be required
Skills required include:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient experience in digital and social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Awareness of central and local government structures
• The ability and desire to learn quickly and take on board new challenges
• Good IT skills including knowledge of MS Office packages
• Highly organised and capable of dealing with a large and varied workload
• Ability to drive would be advantageous
• Some evening and weekend work will be required
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made and the appointment may be made before the closing date.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com