Date Added: 1 June 2018
: 22 June 2018
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Chris Green MP (Bolton West)
Chris Green MP is looking for a full time Parliamentary Assistant to be based in his Westminster Office.
Key duties include:
- Diary management
- Monitoring policy updates
- Drafting speeches and briefing notes
- Researching a range of local and national political issues, producing comprehensive briefings to tight deadlines
- Supporting PPS work
- Supporting the MP and the constituency team as and when required
Skills required include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient experience in digital and social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Awareness of central and local government structures
- The ability and desire to learn quickly and take on board new challenges
- Good IT skills including knowledge of MS Office packages
- Highly organised and capable of dealing with a large and varied workload
- Ability to drive would be advantageous
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made and the appointment may be made before the closing date.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org