Date Added: 1 June 2018
: 1 July 2018
Job Title: Press and Social Media Manager
Working For: Civil Aviation Authority, a client of Ellwood Atfield
Salary: circa £38,000
The UK’s specialist aviation regulator, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), is looking to bolster its communications team with a new Press and Social Media Manager. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with a genuine interest in aviation who can help drive forward the organisation’s communications function.
The CAA plays a central role in the major issues facing the aviation industry, and the team is looking for energetic candidates with the right skillset to help steer the organisation through a period of change. It’s a fast-paced environment and you will be expected to handle high-profile issues.
The aviation field is an exciting and rapidly expanding one, and the CAA is proud to be at its forefront.
The CAA is taking a more proactive approach to communications and are campaigning on a number of integral consumer and industry issues. There is huge scope for this Press and Social Media Manager to have a real impact on the organisation’s digital presence and be involved in a variety of exciting consumer and industry campaigns.
- Develop and implement a proactive social media strategy
- Play a key role in the press office activity
- Deliver proactive consumer and industry campaigns
- Develop staff best practice guidelines for social media use
- Suggest improvements for social media activity, new channels etc
- Participate in on-call press office rota
Key skills and experience required
- Experience of working in a fast paced press office
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for social media
- Be a proactive self-starter, creative, robust and ability to work on one’s initiative
Closing Date: 1 July 2018
Please apply via the Ellwood Atfield website:
If you would like to find out more information about this Press and Social Media Manager position, please apply quoting the reference EH-1804-5777