Date Added: 4 June 2018
: 14 June 2018
Job Title: Senior Stakeholder Engagement Officer
Working For: The Nursing and Midwifery Council
Salary: £38,094 per annum
Permanent – Full Time (36 hours)
The Nursing and Midwifery Council regulates nurses and midwives in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland setting standards of education, training, conduct and performance so that nurses and midwives can deliver high quality healthcare throughout their careers.
Our strategy for the next five years sets out how we will develop our work to protect patients and the public effectively and efficiently. It places dynamic regulation at the centre of what we do and sets out where we think we should focus our energies and resources in order to promote standards of care and practice.
About the role
This role will sit within our newly formed External Affairs directorate, where the successful post holder will develop and support relationships with our strategic stakeholders. As a strong communicator you will work with government agencies, NHS organisations, education institutions and third sector organisations.
You will develop and deliver impactful and measurable engagement plans, and identify innovative approaches to engagement to support your assigned programme. You will work collaboratively and assertively with colleagues in both the wider External Affairs directorate, and the internal project teams.
Skills and experience required
- Educated to a degree level or hold relevant experience.
- Essential to have proven experience of working in Communications, Stakeholder Engagement, or Public Affairs.
- Proven experience of achieving corporate goals through effective relationship management.
- Experience of working in the health Sector is Desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with external stakeholders.
- Assertive with an ability to establish credibility with senior colleagues.
- Experience organising stakeholder events
- Strong Presentation Skills, able to prepare, interpret and present complex information to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of engagement with patients and the public is desirable.
Registered Charity in England and Wales  and in Scotland [SC038362]
Closing Date: 14 June 2018
Closing time for completed applications: 23:55pm
Interview Date: 21st June & 22nd June
To apply: https://www.nmc.org.uk/about-us/careers/current-vacancies/senior-stakeholder-engagement-officer/