Date Added: 4 June 2018
: 15 July 2018
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Working For: Your Liberal Britain
Your Liberal Britain is the start-up activist community working for the millions of people who want to stop Brexit and build a country to make them proud.
We use our communications work to celebrate and support organisations and individuals who share our goals, from charities and celebrities to small co-operatives and individual activists. We help people find ways of getting involved with these communities, so they can work together to build the future that Britain so badly needs.
There’s a political dimension to social change too. The Liberal Democrats are the only party that share our values, so they’re our go-to partner for campaigns in Parliament and beyond - but we’re open to cross-party initiatives also.
Our Communications Coordinator will lead on our digital communications, taking two broad forms: 1) focussed advocacy campaigns, and 2) ongoing content production across the breadth of our work.
The successful candidate will:
- create written and audiovisual content (and source third party conent);
- manage content publishing online and occasionally offline;
- build communications strategies for our focussed advocacy campaigns;
- navigate e-mailers, liaising with our Coordinator;
- run Facebook Ads, liaising with our Social Media Consultant.
- manage partner relationships (e.g. charities);
- identify opportunities (such as volunteering opportunities, petitions, protests) for our audiences to take action on;
- manage vendors/partners to deliver content eg graphic design, videographer;
- empower our audience to find content for us, and to share ideas for their campaigns;
- build a volunteer team recruited from our most engaged supporters.
We seek a candidate with at least three years’ of experience of managing digital communications. You must additionally have experience of:
- social / political communications;
- managing vendors, freelancers and volunteers;
- running Facebook Ads.
Additionally, we welcome experience of:
- graphic design & layout
Most importantly, we need you to be tapped into what our audience cares about, who they look up to, and what changes they want to make to Britain’s society.
Closing Date: 15 July 2018
Applications will be accepted until 12pm on the closing date.
Sufficient funding to recruit for this position has been pledged. Pending funding, interviews will take place in central London in late July / early Aug 2018. The successful applicant will be invited to start work asap.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should tell us how you would run our ongoing communications on one of our interest areas. Pick one: homelessness, mental health, refugees’ rights, air pollution, or pay equality.
- Tell us which brands we should celebrate for championing that cause;
- Identify the opportunities they provide for taking action on that cause;
- Devise a message to inspire our audience to take up those opportunities;
- Provide / describe the digital content needed to deliver that message.