Date Added: 4 June 2018
: 17 June 2018
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant (Devolved Nations)
Working For: Cancer Research UK
Salary: £22,000 + excellent benefits
12 month fixed term contract.
Join Cancer Research UK and help us influence health and research policy in the UK.
For CRUK it’s vital that we ensure cancer is high on the political agenda. As the largest independent cancer research organisation in the world, we are uniquely placed to work with politicians across the UK to keep cancer high on the political agenda. This role is in the Devolved Public Affairs team where you will be working with colleagues across Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
What you will be doing
In this role you will…
- Monitor and collate parliamentary intelligence across the Devolved Nations
- Brief politicians on key policy issues and relevant parliamentary activities
- Manage the logistics of the Scottish Cancer Conference and CRUK’s presence at Scottish Political Party Conferences
- Brief MSP’s on key policy issues and relevant parliamentary activities
- Assist in devolved nations campaigned
Why this role?
This is a very exciting time in UK politics and it’s more important than ever that cancer is at the top of the political agenda. By joining our award winning Public Affairs team, you’ll get the opportunity to help us deliver events and public affairs activity across the Devolved Nations, whilst being supported to develop your skills and the experience vital for beginning a career in the sector.
What we’re looking for
To join us and make a difference you will have…
- A passion for politics, current affairs and the desire to learn more about the political environment
- A strong understanding of Scottish Government and Parliament
- Experience of briefing MSP’s
- Experience of managing events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested and enthusiastic about politics then this is an amazing chance to build your experience and knowledge within this area.
Closing Date: 17 June 2018