Date Added: 5 June 2018
: 22 June 2018
Job Title: Graduate Intern
Working For: Bright Blue
Salary: £10.20 per hour (London Living Wage)
Bright Blue is an independent think tank and pressure group for liberal conservatism. We are looking for a paid intern to join us for three months to help with our research and events programme.
The successful candidate will be conducting research and helping to organise our events, including our busy Party Conference events programme. The role is ideal for a recent graduate looking for training in working in public policy.
• Conducting literature reviews and writing briefs for our current research projects, including on energy and the environment, integration and immigration, and social reform.
• Receiving training in different research techniques, policy formulation and writing public policy reports.
• The opportunity to write blogs and add to the intellectual capital of the think tank.
• Helping to organise and attending a variety of Bright Blue events, especially our fringe events at the annual party conferences.
• Drafting speaker and attendee briefings for our events.
• Handling correspondence between venues and delegates.
• A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
• An impressive academic record, including a minimum of an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above).
• Excellent writing ability, creative thinking and interpersonal skills.
• A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business and who can work independently.
The successful applicant we be required to attend the whole of the 2018 Conservative Party Conference.
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Robert Hansard, Events and Administration officer of Bright Blue, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bright Blue has a policy of name-blind and gender-blind recruitment. This means all applications will be processed by our administration team to remove the name and gender of the candidate for when the recruitment team initially consider applications for interview.