Date Added: 6 June 2018
: 21 June 2018
Job Title: Caseworker x2
Working For: Hugh Gaffney MP (Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill)
Location: Coatbridge, Chryston & Bellshill
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
2 Fixed term contracts for 3 months - 20 hours per week
• Manage caseload and ensure all cases are dealt with in a swift, sensitive and confidential manner
• Maintain accurate records, adhering to the principles of GDPR and the Data Protection Act.
• Deal with daily queries from Hugh’s constituents and constituency organisations and businesses.
• Draft responses and respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• Liaise with relevant groups, organisations and businesses within the constituency and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts, including councillors.
• Assist Hugh at weekly surgeries at a range of locations and ensure the office is kept in a presentable and welcoming state.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports when required.
• Attend meetings on the MP’s behalf on occasion.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
• Empathetic and sensitive when dealing with constituent enquiries, with an ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
• Action-focused and able to work effectively as part of a busy, fast-paced team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
• Ability to prioritise a demanding workload and attention to detail.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 June 2018
Interviews will be held in July 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to discuss a suitable time and date.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Caseworker role"