Date Added: 6 June 2018
: 15 June 2018
Job Title: International Events Manager
Working For: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 plus performance-related bonus (dependent on experience)
ICPS is a dynamic and fast growing organisation, which organises high-level symposiums, forums and training programmes for Governments and Administrations around the world, focusing on public policy and governance issues, with offices in London, Brussels, Los Angeles and Mauritius.
We are looking for a high quality and enthusiastic candidate to be our International Events Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of our team, gain important transferable skills and contribute to the success and direction of ICPS. This is a hybrid role which involves event management, market research and conference production.
You will join a team based in London where the role involves researching, developing, building and managing the high-level events, including:
- researching potential event topics, across a wide range of public policy areas
- copywriting agendas, brochures and other marketing material to the highest standard
- monitoring national and international public policy developments
- briefing the sponsorship sales team and developing the commercial strategy
- researching and recruiting high level speakers
- researching potential attendees and coordinating with our Market Research Department
- managing a team of delegate acquisition executives based multiple locations
- marketing the events, and recruiting delegates and participants
- event preparation and delivery
- liaising with venues, negotiating contracts, coordinating with external suppliers
- travelling to international conferences and events
The successful applicant will be a graduate with at least one year’s professional experience, a team-player, and possess proven research, organizational, logistical and time-management skills, with a focus on high-quality event delivery. A confident telephone manner, commercial awareness and an ability to communicate effectively with senior civil servants, politicians and C-level executives from the private sector from around the world, and with other stakeholders is essential. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be advantageous but not essential.
The ideal candidate will also possess a keen interest and good understanding of geo-politics and international public policy issues, as the ability to understand and explain the subject matter of our courses is essential.
This position will involve international travel.
Closing Date: 15 June 2018
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, so candidates who could start within 1-4 weeks time are preferable.
Interviews will begin as soon as we receive applications.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are keen on the job and how your experience matches the candidate profile.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org