Date Added: 6 June 2018
: 2 July 2018
Job Title: Graduate Research Executive (GRE)
Working For: BMG Research
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits + Company Bonus Scheme
We have another role available at BMG; in our Social Research team.
The position is best suited to either graduates or Research Executives with less than 2 years’ experience.
We require candidates who can demonstrate strong organisation skills, a willingness to learn, those who are self-assured but not arrogant, and those who like to take on challenging tasks, whatever they may be.
To be successful, candidates will have a strong desire to learn, hold a minimum of a 2:1-degree qualification or equivalent, are numerate with a good understanding of collating and analysing data. Candidates will already have a detailed understanding of primary research methods and are looking to pursue a career in a fast-paced, fun and exciting research setting.
Relevant training and skills development opportunities will be provided to the successful candidates, who will also join the BMG Graduate Training Program.
• Designing questions and topics for research that generate fresh insight for our clients
• Basic coding of results and data checking
• Carrying out background research to support proposal and report writing
• Preparing project materials including job spec forms, coding and data analysis specs
• Assisting with qualitative research, including recruitment and preparation of materials
• Providing support on the analysis and presentation of data
• Reporting results in a clear, concise and usable way
• Writing articles for the BMG Research website
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent written and spoken English accompanied by good numerical skills
• An interest in, and knowledge of society, current affairs and politics
• An understanding of data and statistics
• An ability to write around data/results (to tell an accurate and interesting story)
• A full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• An ability to meet strict deadlines
• A keen eye for detail – spotting and correcting errors
• A willingness to take on challenging and varied tasks
• A professional, can-do attitude
Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
• Primary research and/or fieldwork
• Data charting tools
Closing Date: 2 July 2018
Initial Selection Notification Date: Wednesday 5th July 2018
Interview Dates: Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th July 2018
Start Dates: Late July OR early August
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send a covering letter detailing why we should choose you, and an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both covering letters and CVs should be in PDF format only.
All applicants will receive a reply, though not all will receive written feedback.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK and be prepared to undergo a basic DBS check.