Date Added: 7 June 2018
: 22 June 2018
Job Title: Senior Secretary
Working For: Sarah Champion MP (Rotherham)
Salary: £21,951 - £30,874 (IPSA Pay Scale)
Sarah Champion MP is seeking a Senior Secretary for her Rotherham Constituency Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that very high standards of service are provided to the MP including managing her diary and the smooth day-to-day running of the offices in both Rotherham and London. This is a fast paced role and Sarah is looking for an exceptional individual with the need for high attention to detail and a professional approach to all aspects of the work to take on a demanding yet rewarding role. Most of the work will be done remotely with Sarah due to the nature of her role.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Management of the MP’s diary, responding to invitations, organising meetings/events both in Rotherham and in Parliament, preparing letters and sending responses to emails/enquiries.
- Responsibility for managing all aspects of the financial budget and ensuring the MP is kept informed of all relevant financial matters. Undertaking all necessary Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA)processes regarding the MPs’ Expenses Scheme.
- Efficient secretarial and administrative support to facilitate the operation of the office; managing incoming telephone calls/enquiries and ensuring these are dealt with sensitively and confidentially.
- Co-ordinate enquiries from the media in a confident and helpful manner.
- Recruitment on an ad hoc basis. Ensuring accurate personnel records are kept, notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary.
- A range of services to be offered in such basics as mail merge documents and sending out large volumes of mail, setting up/maintaining spreadsheets and undertaking simple research, keeping press clippings up to date, filing, ordering stationery and ensuring that the offices, both in Rotherham and in Parliament are fully equipped.
- Supervise staff (interns/work experience personnel) as required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
The deadline for submission of applications is 5pm.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Tuesday 26 June 2018.
Interviews will take place in Rotherham on Friday 29 June 2018.
For further details on how to apply, please go to: