Date Added: 9 June 2018
: 29 June 2018
Job Title: Senior Account Executive
Working For: Cavendish Communications
Cavendish Communications is hiring a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team.
We’re a leading independent public affairs consultancy, established in 2003. Since then we've been helping companies, charities, campaign groups and public bodies with their political relations at all levels in the UK.
Our Senior Account Executive will be responsible for supporting our Account Manager/Account Director level in the management of and delivery of work for client accounts.
This appointment is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team committed to delivering the highest levels of service and is ideally suited to someone with a mix of good political instincts and commercial nous that is looking for genuine hands-on involvement with a diverse range of accounts.
- Working with our Account Directors and Managers to meet client needs.
- Supporting the delivery of political and stakeholder contact programmes (including identifying appropriate targets, setting up meetings and providing clients with full briefings).
- Drafting concise briefing notes for elected representatives and key influencers on behalf of clients.
- Analysing public policy through written and oral briefings.
- Contributing to new business development.
- Supporting the management of events for clients and the business.
- Building a network of political, policy and business contacts.
Necessary skills and experience
- Proven experience of working in full-time paid employment, preferably in Parliament or within public affairs.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in government and political affairs, including an understanding of political structures in Westminster and Whitehall.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – evidence of strong research and analytical abilities.
- Self-starter – ability to act on own initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A tailored package of training to support your professional development.
- A collaborative and supportive working culture.
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Closing time for applications: 12pm
We may interview strong candidates before then, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Interviews will be arranged during business hours on mutually convenient dates. We run a two-stage interview process.
Please send a cover letter (one page maximum, setting out your interest in the role and why you are suited to it) and CV to Dean Duke at email@example.com
Please use "Senior Account Executive application" as the subject line in your email.
Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we will be unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications an we will contact only those selected for interview.