Date Added: 9 June 2018
: 27 June 2018
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Mark Menzies MP (Fylde)
Salary: Full time role. Salary in line with IPSA pay scales.
Candidates should be educated to degree level with a keen interest in politics.
Responsibilities include working closely with Mark Menzies on tasks such as:
• Draft responses or respond to constituents on any issues raised, on behalf of the Member
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework
• Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
• Undertake research, usually from readily available sources
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
The successful candidate should have:
• Confidence and communication skills to express ideas
• Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work independently
• A discreet approach
• A quick and efficient work style and an eye for detail
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm are important
• Ability to integrate successfully with others in the team
• Sympathy to the aims and views of the Conservative party
The role will be based in Westminster.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 June 2018
Interviews will be arranged with successful applicants as and when their applications are received.
Start date: September 2018 (to be confirmed with the successful candidate)
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV (no more than two pages) and a one-page covering letter to Richard Grocott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 'Caseworker Application' in the subject box of the email.