Date Added: 9 June 2018
: 12 July 2018
Job Title: Birmingham Programme Officer
Working For: CoachBright
Salary: £19,000-£22,000 pro rata (4 Days a week)
CoachBright is an award-winning social enterprise on a mission to support young people from the ages of 10-30 to identify and fulfil their potential.
We do this in two ways. Firstly, by helping pupils from low-income families become independent and resilient so they can lead the lives they want. We believe your background should not determine your future. Our programmes improve a pupil’s grades, confidence and expectations so they can win places at top universities.
Secondly, we train young professionals in coaching skills to develop their interpersonal, communication and leadership skills as well as their self awareness.
For the first time, this will be from Key Stage 2 right up to Key Stage 5.
We are looking for a rising star to join our passionate team and lead our programmes in the Midlands.
Finding our Birmingham volunteer coaches:
- Delivering a recruitment strategy and meeting a large target number of committed volunteers from London universities.
Selecting and training our university students:
- Developing and running training days for our volunteer students to ensure they know what it takes to be an academic coach.
- Developing and presenting workshops for pupils as well as organising university trips at the start and end of our programmes.
Coordinating multiple in-school programmes each term:
- Core Programme: University student coaches pupils in Yr 9-13.
- Peer to Peer Programme: Year 12 pupils coach pupils in Yr 7-10.
Maintaining our strong partnerships with schools:
- Being the main point of contact for and building relationships with school staff to ensure the programme is well received and any potential problems are resolved.
- Visiting our schools to monitor the smooth running of our programmes.
Helping to organise coach meet-ups to build a strong community.
Line managing a team of university student Head Coaches, who will each lead a team of 15-30 volunteer coaches and be our main point of contact for each in-school session.
Programme quality assurance:
- Analysing pupil data to ensure best possible outcomes for each coachee.
- Tracking coach and pupil feedback to ensure an effective response to any issues.
Closing Date: 12 July 2018
First round interviews will take place in Central London week beginning 16th July.
To find out more information, please visit our website for full person specification and how to apply: https://goo.gl/MuZqwq