Date Added: 11 June 2018
: 29 June 2018
Job Title: Caseworker (part-time)
Working For: John Mann MP (Bassetlaw)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Part-time Caseworker (2 days a week) required to work in the constituency office of John Mann, MP for Bassetlaw.
The caseworker will liaise with and correspond with constituents, liaise with government agencies and others to resolve problems.
We seek a reliable highly motivated person, who can work as part of a small team and enjoys working in a busy office.
- Provide information, advice and support to constituents on a wide range of issues including health, housing, environment, employment rights, tax credits, benefits.
- Liaise with constituents and outside organisations via the telephone, correspondence, emails and face to face meetings.
- Respond to emails/letters and draft/send responses as appropriate.
- Liaise with Westminster office and MP to ensure accurate and timely responses to constituentsUse a casework database to track communication with constituents and organisations.
- The post may require very occasional weekend and evening work where time off in lieu will be given.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in an office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and naturally comfortable dealing with a broad cross section of people.
- Pro-active and self-confident.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- Polite and friendly phone manner.
- Reliable with ability to multi-task.
- Commitment to Labour Party values and principles.
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to manage and prioritise a demanding workload.
- Methodical approach to record-keeping.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information.
Previous experience in the advice field would be preferred but the possession of appropriate skills and attitude will be viewed favourably and full training and support will be provided. Knowledge of community affairs.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date with a view to the sucessful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter to Joanna White, Office Manager, John Mann MP via email to email@example.com
Due to the anticipated high number of responses it will not be possible to inform unsuccessful applicants of the outcome.