Lexington Communications is looking for a Media and Communications Researcher to join our successful and growing media and corporate communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across a number of client accounts in sectors spanning education, the creative industries, transport, health, infrastructure, financial services and charities. You will play a key role in the team, with a wide variety of work including campaigns, media relations, PR, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms.
We are looking for someone who is:
– An excellent writer who can write in a number different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
– Positive, with a can-do attitude and genuinely interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
– Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
– Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
– Able to contribute to devising media and communications strategies for clients and think of creative ways to sell in stories to the media;
– Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
– Able to understand, summarise and communicate complex issues for different audiences;
– Prepared to work hard and always carry out tasks to the highest possible standards.
– Previous experience in a busy newsroom, press office or agency environment (one to two years, including internships);
– Experience with photo/video editing;
– Experience producing podcasts;
– Familiarity with media databases such as Gorkana and Roxhill;
– Understanding of UK politics / the policy environment.
For the full job specification, visit: http://lexcomm.co.uk/join-us
This advert will close at 5pm. Interviews may take place before the closing date, so you are encouraged to apply early.
To apply, please send a CV and a brief covering letter, explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.